Mike Pence Fires Back at Joy Behar Over 'Mental Illness' Comments: America Is 'Better Than That'
Connect with us

News

Mike Pence Fires Back at Joy Behar Over ‘Mental Illness’ Comments: America Is ‘Better Than That’

Former White House staffer Omarosa Manigault Newman made headlines when she made a few nasty comments about Vice President Mike Pence’s “extreme” faith, saying that if Pence ever became president, people would be “begging” for Trump.

On Tuesday, the ladies on ABC’s “The View” tackled the topic — and they weren’t exactly on Pence’s side.

Joy Behar led the attack, saying: “It’s one thing to talk to Jesus. It’s another thing when Jesus talks to you. That’s called mental illness, if I’m not correct.”

Co-host Sherri Shepherd defended Pence — sort of: “As a Christian, that’s just par for the course. You talk to Jesus, Jesus talks back. What concerns me is, how long is the conversation with Jesus?”

Regular co-host Sunny Hostin also weighed in, saying that she herself was a faithful Catholic — but she wasn’t sure how she felt about Pence “speaking in tongues.”

Pence returned a scorcher Wednesday, speaking with Mike Allen of Axios:

“I actually heard that ABC has a program that compared my Christianity to mental illness. And I’d like to laugh about it, but I really can’t.

It’s just wrong. And it’s an insult not to me, but to the vast majority of the American people who, like me, cherish their faith. My Christianity is the most important thing in my life.”

Pence went on to criticize the network for allowing religious intolerance to be broadcast from a national platform by a longtime employee:

“But I just think it demonstrates just how out of touch some in the mainstream media are with the faith and values of the American people that you could have a major network like ABC permit a forum for invective against religion like that.

And I call them out on it.”

Vice President Pence Responds to "Mental Illness" Accusation

Vice President Mike Pence responds to The View's Joy Behar and her accusation that Pence has "mental illness" because he listens to Jesus.See full story here: http://go.cbn.com/22996

Posted by CBN News on Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Pence concluded by saying he wasn’t speaking up because he felt personally attacked, but because Behar had also attacked millions of other Americans who value their Christian faith in the same way: “We’re better than that. Our country’s better than that. I’d like to be light about it, but I really can’t.”

What do you think about this comment below.

8 Comments

8 Comments

1. carol

February 15, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Never respond to a whore like her I could go on but I will leave it here.

2. kathee fritsky

February 15, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Joy Behar is out of control.She is one pathetic American.I don t watch the view anymore because of her and Whoppi Goldberg.They are just horrible.I don t know how this show stays on.

3. D D

February 15, 2018 at 1:20 pm

After THOSE REMARKS I HEAR BEHAR IS CHANGING HER NAME TO BEHIND ! SHE DONE A GOOD JOB OF MAKING HER SELF LOOK LIKE A ASS !

4. Tom Cook

February 15, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Once again, facebook is not allowing this message to be shared. There is nothing offensive about this post. However, their refusal to allow this post is an infringement of “Freedom of Religion”.

• FLOYD GREATHOUSE

February 15, 2018 at 1:39 pm

they are full of mental illness if you want to lable it as such ..I CALL IT JUST PLAIN STUPID AN GUESS WHAT NO CURE FR STUPIDITY..

5. Robert Reilly

February 15, 2018 at 1:24 pm

I am not a devout Catholic but I still am a Christian and often talk with God. Never do I ask for miracles but for the strength to handle what troubles are brought before me. Also, I ask for God to give my family members and close friends the strength to face and handle the problems they are facing. Often my conscience will tell me what direction to take or what option to choose. Could be God’s way of talking back to me. Shame that abc has taken the route of smearing our Vice President over his religious beliefs and actions. He is a good man!

6. Joan Mittestat

February 15, 2018 at 1:40 pm

I find the comments by the ladies on “The View” to be very offensive to people of faith. I pray every day to God and depend on Him for strength and wisdom for the day.

7. Larry Thornton

February 15, 2018 at 2:02 pm

Tell it like it is. Joy and the rest committed the unpardonable sin. Blasphemy against the HOLY GHOST. Only GOD can have MERCY